Friday, September 24, 2010

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts

For a day or two, I was embarrassed.  Now I am smitten and not one bit ashamed about it.  I love Friday Night Lights.  I don't know if it's the small-town dedication coupled with neighborly compassion, Coach Taylor's unconditional love for his wife and girls, the contagious enthusiasm for the Dillon Panthers that ultimately brings the most diverse individuals together, or the perfectly-succinct soundtrack by Explosions In the Sky, but I'm taken every episode.  I've teared up countless times.

What's even more amazing than my addiction to a fictional television show about a high school football team in a small, Texas town is my craving to go to a football game on a Friday night to cheer.  And love a man and raise our own kids who might play football on Friday nights in our future.  Then I could cheer them on, too.

Oh my.  Oh my.  Even if I do want a meaningful job and a life full of traveling adventure, I still want the simple, traditional things somewhere inside me.

:)

Anyone with clear eyes and a full heart absolutely cannot lose, whether in football, love, family, or social entrepreneurship.

No comments:

Post a Comment