God is here.
My heart warms with this thought. And my soul rests. This is one of the most profound-yet beautiful-truths of Christmastime. Amid the hustling and bustling, shopping, baking, partying, wrapping, list-making, caroling, cleaning, decorating, tree-hunting, giving, etc., etc. this is why Christmas matters most to me. The age-old nativity story is a simple one of a tiny baby and more love than I can grasp. And no matter what happens or doesn't, God is here and ready to love me, hold me up, and share life with me. *Exhale*
And now for my "adult world" Christmas wishes!
- For Mom: A quick and complete recovery from the crazy-and-hard-to-pronounce-hip-surgery.
- For Morgan: A job or teaching opportunity in India!
- For Brandon and Erica: Motivation.
- For Bukesa, Mengo, and the rest of the homes and schools in Uganda: Committed individuals to support the kids' development consistently.
- For My Precious Grandpa: A boost of health.
- For Alissa and Mark: A large sum of money, so they can get to Asia faster!
- For Dani and Mac: More time together.
- For Me: An open heart and crystal-clear clarity, so I go, do, and be exactly what Christ intends. And maybe a Kindle... only so I can read all of BBC's Big Read books!! So silly, I know. I'm shamefully admitting that I want one.
- For My Dearest Friends, Near and Far, Who I Didn't Specifically Mention Above: A peaceful Christmas and 2011 filled with wonder, opportunity, health, love, provision, and laughter.