Friday, December 3, 2010

Promises (that require) Playlists

The Context:  

My couch is cozy this time of year, especially while watching my favorite French movie or reading Eat. Pray. Love. and romanticizing about foreign lands I have yet to visit where I will kiss intriguing men.  I also enjoy a margherita pizza with red wine for dinner and dark chocolate M&Ms for dessert.

The (Problematic) Reality:

Despite my passion for the country's film, I failed learning the country's language.  Turns out it's much more difficult than Amélie let on.  Also my preference for high-calorie dinners is making me a flubby sloth. And because she stopped her yoga routine and consumed excessive amounts of wine and pizza, Elizabeth Gilbert gained 15 pounds in Italy, because, well, all she did was eat.

The Solution:  

Even though I hate it, 24 Hour Fitness is my new boyfriend.  He's always available for a chat or late-night walk.  I know, I know, I've said it before.  But I'm running a 5k on January 23rd in Washington Park.  My first one ever; I just registered.  I don't want to do it, but if I don't do it, I won't go to 24 and will spiral into a glutenous sloth. 

A Promise and A Playlist:
 
So with that promise, I've spent hours deliberating over the perfect combination resulting in the following playlists.  Goodbye, excuses.  Hello, iPod. Expect an update on January 24th or 25th.  Enjoy the tunes (they're treadmill tested and runner approved) and share your favorites! 

The Current Favorite (Better Known as the "I Only Listen to Chill Music, and Running is Foreign to My DNA" Playlist):
  1. Feist - I Feel It All
  2. Death Cab For Cutie - The Sound of Settling
  3. Fiona Apple - Better Version of Me
  4. Cake - Love You Madly
  5. The Postal Service - Such Great Heights
  6. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll
  7. Radiohead - Idioteque
  8. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop
  9. Coldplay - Strawberry Swing
  10. Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
  11. John Legend & The Roots - Our Generation (The Hope of the World)
  12. Eagle-Eye Cherry - Save Tonight
  13. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Learning To Fly
  14. Explosions In the Sky - First Breath After Coma
The Motivator (Better known as the "Get Off Your Butt... NOW" playlist):
  1. A.R. Raham, from the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack - Mausam & Escape
  2. Jason DeRulo - Ridin' Solo
  3. MGMT - Kids
  4. Jay Z with Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind
  5. Angels & Airwaves - Everything's Magic
  6. Justin Beiber - One Time (Hey, if the Fever works...)
  7. Eminem - Lose Yourself 
  8. Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
  9. Kanye West - Stronger
  10. Beyoncé - Single Ladies
  11. Justin Timberlake - Sexy Back
  12. Cake - The Distance
  13. Jamie Foxx - Winner
  14. Flo Rider - Club Can't Handle Me
  15. R. Kelly - Ignition (remix version)
Surprised?  :)  Love to my fellow addicts to Netflix streaming and passionate couch potatoes.  I'll never judge you.

No comments:

Post a Comment