Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"Thanksgiving is more than eating, Chuck... we should just be thankful for being together!"

Recognize that quote?  It's from a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.  I rely on Peanuts to remind me of the important things in life.  And if I crafted a hand turkey, I wouldn't have enough appendages to display all I'm thankful for.

  • Family - We've been through it all (well, almost...), and I love them.  And they still love me; that's the cool part.
  • Degree - During these few, post-grad months, I've come to appreciate my education.  I gained much more than a deeper understanding of literature.  I learned how to think, question, and change.  As one of my favorite profs says, "It's something that can never be taken from you or lost."
  • Friends - What can I say?  Mine are the best in the world, and we will change it together, because we believe it's possible.
  • Google - It's walked with me through many troubling dilemmas.  And reminded me of my humanity.  I should invest in stock; now only if I could afford it...
  • Cassidy and Finn - Two boogers of giggles.  They remind me to slow down, smile, and not be too serious.
  • Small Group - They are honest.  They give.  They listen.  They challenge.  They work.  They tell weird stories.  They believe in me.  They drink alcohol.  And they love Jesus.
  • Freedom - To be a different, better, more real person.  To change.  And to try again after making a mess of things.
  • Uganda - The individuals I met there.  The story that's unfolding.  The redemptive possibilities.  The something in my life that's bigger than me.
  • Grace - It turns my bad days good, and I'm only beginning to understand it. 
  •  
My heart is full.  What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment