Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmastime.

God is here.

My heart warms with this thought.  And my soul rests.  This is one of the most profound-yet beautiful-truths of Christmastime.  Amid the hustling and bustling, shopping, baking, partying, wrapping, list-making, caroling, cleaning, decorating, tree-hunting, giving, etc., etc. this is why Christmas matters most to me.  The age-old nativity story is a simple one of a tiny baby and more love than I can grasp.  And no matter what happens or doesn't, God is here and ready to love me, hold me up, and share life with me.  *Exhale*

And now for my "adult world" Christmas wishes!
  •  For Mom:  A quick and complete recovery from the crazy-and-hard-to-pronounce-hip-surgery.
  •  For Morgan:  A job or teaching opportunity in India!
  •  For Brandon and Erica:  Motivation.
  •  For Bukesa, Mengo, and the rest of the homes and schools in Uganda:  Committed individuals to support the kids' development consistently.
  • For My Precious Grandpa:  A boost of health.
  • For Alissa and Mark:  A large sum of money, so they can get to Asia faster!
  • For Dani and Mac:  More time together.
  • For Me:  An open heart and crystal-clear clarity, so I go, do, and be exactly what Christ intends.  And maybe a Kindle... only so I can read all of BBC's Big Read books!!  So silly, I know.  I'm shamefully admitting that I want one. 
  • For My Dearest Friends, Near and Far, Who I Didn't Specifically Mention Above:  A peaceful Christmas and 2011 filled with wonder, opportunity, health, love, provision, and laughter. 

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment