Monday, January 3, 2011

An Open Heart.

As I look backward on 2010 and forward to 2011, I anticipate new joys, changes, and growing pains.  I am eager to see what happens in and around me.  More than anything I want this year to count.  I'm not sure what that means in definitive terms, but the possibilities are huge.  I commit to be open in this next year, and that's a hard one for me.  This means I continue to be plan-less for awhile.  My only plan is to wait and see, to give until I'm tired, and learn to be open.

This waiting is testing and developing my patience.  It's exposing the deepest needs of people.  It's melting dreams into a vision.  It's stripping bare my soul, so it can be consumed with good, eternal things.  It's increasing a deep hunger to live a better story and never settle for a life less than abundant.  It's growing me a up a bit, I think.  It's showing me my weakness and need to be saved.  It's making me want my life to be consumed with more love, because he first loved me.

The sweetness of something new.  It's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment