Friday, October 22, 2010

Inspired

I'm grateful for the inspiration and encouragement that I've encountered recently. 
  • Morgan's going to India.  She's taking a class to prepare.  And nothing anybody says is making her re-think her decision.
  • Anyone is welcome at the Coop/Elder house, and everyone who enters is loved.
  • Some kids at my church had a lemonade stand.  They bought mosquito nets with their profits, so five kids in Africa could have a lemonade stand, too.  Now ten kids get to grow up on both sides of the world.
  • Sarah's learning about the Middle East; her heart really breaks for those people.
  • My family's going to have Thanksgiving together... at Christmas.
  • Elizabeth's students are staying in school.
  • Dad's reading the book I borrowed him last summer.
  • Finn's beginning to crawl.
  • I told friends about the kids in Uganda, and they want to help.
  • Jess made the Law Review!
  • Even when no one else shows up, Beth and Nick hang out with the JS kids every Saturday.
  • My neighbor and I had a front-porch chat.
  • I met a new friend at church who lived in Kenya and started an HIV-AIDS project.  She left, and a Kenyan took over.  
  • Alissa and Mark applied for Peace Corps!
I know the most beautiful people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment