Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Brightening

After trudging four, poorly-packed loads across the suburbs, Classy and I made it to the city.  The boxes are three-quarters unpacked, and decorations are on the walls.  No lie... I've enjoyed a glass of wine in a candle-lit living room paired with Over the Rhine every night this week.  And the key word to that sentence is enjoyed.  Our attic apartment is becoming a home slowly but certainly.

I love this new life in the city.  My neighbors, including the musician downstairs, who grill in the courtyard and smoke on the porch.  The hipsters walking around hand-in-hand.  Bicycle rides to work and around City Park at sunset.  Walks to the grocery store, coffee shop, and bookstore.  Jazz concerts on Sundays.

People in my neighborhood are incredibly friendly and intriguing.  This is no amazing discovery; however, I had forgotten after living in the same, isolated community for the past four years.  I loved those years, but it is nice to have change.  It reminds me that the world is big, possibilities are endless, and hope is alive.

Yay for becoming an uptown girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment