Friday, May 6, 2011

To Mom

In honor of my great mom, I dedicate an entire post to her.  She's incredible, and I am thankful to have a woman for a mother who is caring, dedicated, thoughtful, and generous.  Don't get me wrong; we could not be more different-I suppose this is one of the bi-products of adoption-but our differences have moved from sources of tension in the past to qualities that strengthen and beautify our relationship now.  Here I go:  the top five reasons I love my mom!


(All the Girls:  Me, Mom, and Erica)

1.  She's determined - My mom wanted to be a teacher but did not have the degree, so she went to school, worked full time, and went to all of our events, performances, etc. simultaneously.  Despite the hecticness of the situation, she received her degree during my junior year of college an fulfilled her goal:  to finish college before I did :).

2.  She's Creative - Mom is a creative person, always thinking up new ideas or ways to do things.  She loves to share this gift with others and teach them how to do crafts\ or give away her projects.

3.  She Believes with Faith - My mom and I see God in a different way and approach our relationships with him differently as well, but she shared her faith with me in a young age and gave me a priceless gift.  She believes easily and without restraint, and I really admire this in her.

4.  She's Thoughtful - Mom sees importance in little things and uses even the smallest opportunity to make someone's day a little brighter.  She goes "above and beyond" to make someone happy.

5.  She's Professional - Mom works hard and does her best consistently.  She never stayed at home with us but strove for balance between her professional duties and family responsibilities.  I don't feel that I was neglected or deprived, because she worked, and I feel I have been taught a valuable lesson and given a great example of being a "career mom."  I don't think it's wrong to stay at home with the kids, and I don't think it's wrong to be a working mom either.  At this point I think I want the later, so it's nice to know that it can be done and the kids don't turn out too weird :).

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!  I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Ash, Thank you! We are different, but praise God as you have turned into the wonderful woman you are and as I have "grown up" as well, we have become closer and the differences make life more interesting. I love you with all my heart... thank you!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete