Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Over the weekend I flew to Wisconsin for a day-and-a-half to celebrate my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary.  And now I must declare to the world that I love my grandparents.  They are the coolest people ever.  Ever.


After 50 years they still love one another and are committed to maintaining their marriage for the rest of their lives.  They are the old married couple we archetype, ragging on each other then joking about getting it on when the family leaves.  Yep.  And my grandpa runs; he's 70.  And plays banjo, which I've referred to before (see Basement Band post for details).  And my grandma is one of the funniest women I know, always making everyone around her smile and laugh at her ridiculousness, which includes monkey imitations and voices impressions.  She's not so good at the impressions, but her confidence in herself makes up for it.


(Pretty much sums up my family...)

All this to say, I love them, and if I have a marriage someday that is half as joyful, blessed, faithful, and loving, I'll be one lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment