Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Got In!

I am happy to announce I will be a foundation-year student at the University of Denver in the Graduate School of Social Work next fall.  It is almost surreal, the thought of being a student again and structuring my life around classes, internships, exams, and papers.  I have no idea what to expect other than a challenge, but I am ready, I think.  And a little nervous.  This school could not be more unparalleled with my undergraduate institution, and I will need to learn to navigate an entirely different system.  But I am confident that by going to graduate school, I will have more opportunities to be involved further with the people, communities, and issues close to my heart.  It will help me do what I want to do (or think I want to do at 23), even if it means being a little boring for two years... and another five to pay off the student loan debt I'll incur.  I am eager to see what new experiences, relationships, and opportunities will come my way.  And I get to be a super nerd again or at least let it surface openly...

Stay tuned for the possibility of a personal finance blog about being a poor social worker/graduate student by yours truly!

No comments:

Post a Comment