Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Stinkbugs


(Oh to be young, untainted, and full of curious wonder!  And entertained easily by the pigeon strolling on the sidewalk.)

Sometimes their cuteness is overwhelmingly vomit-inducing... which is why being a nanny is the best form of birth-control known to humans.  But I adore them for real, and we're working on getting my name down.  And I couldn't be more thankful for a hilarious boss who says great things like, "I don't care what he's packing in his pants, so long as he's good to everyone," "it's back to the bacon this week!" (in reference to the low-carb diet), and my favorite, "In the therapy world, some people are like onions-smelly but manageable-but some are like garlic-once they're cracked, there's no turning back-and those are the ones to watch out for."

These days the good, old nine-to-five isn't that bad.  And I believe this more and more, one of our hardest-but most important-tasks in growing up is to stay young.

No comments:

Post a Comment