Saturday, April 23, 2011

Where's a Pensieve When You Need One?

This is an update.  I'm at the end of the Harry Potter series.  And I'm eager (Will my questions be answered, or will this be another Lost experience?), anxious (Who will it be, Harry or Voldemort?), excited (I understand references to Harry Potter and contribute to the conversation intelligibly:  "Oh yeah, she's about as emotionally-stable as Cho!"), and sad (I don't want this series to end, and Hogwarts isn't real-side caveat-I understand why kids were depressed with the knowledge that they couldn't go to Harry's world, and platform 9 and 3/4 was very stony and hard indeed.).


(This could be me if I am not careful:  An old cat lady who lives inside her imagination... and consumes macaroni and cheese and fruit cocktail to sustain herself.  Friends-this is my warning, if you feel I need an intervention, please proceed quickly and painlessly.)

So, all this blogging about Harry will soon be complete, and I can resume normal, adult life... or not.  I purchased Harry Potter magnetic poetry for our new apartment.  We all need a little frivolous fun, right?  And to anyone who believes legitimately that the Twilight series could take down Harry Potter in a duel, you are mistaken sorely, my Friend.  And I suggest you get yourself a decent wand and learn a stunning charm, because you'll be needing them.  But all this leisurely reading makes me crave one thing:  Accio Summer!

1 comment:

  1. this whole post made my day! esp. the macaroni and cheese/fruit cocktail part. awesome.

    ReplyDelete