Friday, October 21, 2011

At Kaladi

I took my midterm, the my professor gave us permission to leave and skip her lecture.  Felt bad and guilty, so I stayed put but thought, screw it!  I want a latte!  I decided to put on my big girl panties and take a few minutes for me.  It's wonderful to walk down Evans at 8:30 in the morning and breath the crisp, fall air, then find yourself at Kaladi Brothers, when you'd normally be in class.  FFFFRRRREEEEDDDDOOOOMMM.  And I took a minute to write a poem, which felt good.  I miss poetry, words coming to live and dancing on the page.


Coffee Shop Rumble

Here I am, in this noisy corner
Eavesdropping secretly on dialogue, debate, and private sweetness
    that aren't so proviate (or even that sweet), because here we sit
    together but apart.
But thanks for teaching me about
   the drummer, the mountain
   that novel, and your libido.
All of it intriguing, exquisite, and monotonous
    at the same moment
    in a moment all it's own.
But that's Friday morning for ya.
It's the coffee shop rumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment