Thursday, November 10, 2011

November 10, 2011: Reconnections & Supervisors

Today I had lunch with my old supervisor from my CCU Residence Life days.  Ever since graduation I have not missed college for one second, but I miss being in Res Life sometimes.  Not the actual being a RA or ARD aspect but being part of a community that pushed me to be excellent and live purposefully.   A big part of loving Res Life was working with Kusch, because he challenged and encouraged me simultaneously.  And he believed I could do it when I was greener than green.  It was great!

Recently I have missed having Kusch as a supervisor or having a supervisor who was intentional about developing leaders.  I miss the challenge to find God in things and go the extra inch when all I want to do is sit on my ass.  And I miss the awkward Sandy Patty sign language jokes.  Probs for my whole life and the rest of my professional career I'll miss Kusch.  There's a reason why they call the best supervisors "the best."

No comments:

Post a Comment