Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November 16, 2011: Two Things

As a side note:  Blogger is archaic... I'll be converting over to WordPress sooner rather than later.  And I'm toying with the idea of writing a legit blog.  Like one with real topics and points, since I'm sure these little caveats are less than thrilling.  I mean, look at my five followers... reality check for the self.

1.  Today I am thankful that my internship will be better next quarter, potentially new as well, but either way, it will be more challenging and ground-breaking for me.  Wwwooooosssshhhh!  That being said I am thankful for the things I have learned thus far at Hep C (which requires a separate blog post in and of itself):  non-profit management, systemic bureaucracy, population underrepresentation, the unfairness of the American insurance system, why healthcare reform is integral to a nation's success, and how leadership impacts-good and bad-an agency's effectiveness, etc.  If you want more details, ask me at some point when our lives cross.  And I'm thankful that it's okay to admit when something isn't working without fear of reprisal, which is [apparently] part of professional maturation.

2.  Twinzies!  Oh twinzies.  How can I not be thankful for them?  Especially when they pee in the tub, eat my muffins, and draw all over my sweatpants with chalk.  I'll miss them when I'm no longer with them, but it'll give me a nice-likely five to six year-hiatus to rest up, if and before any children of my own enter the life picture.  I just really love how they give me hugs and kisses every day and get real excited to see me; it's totally selfish, but it gives me a super good feeling all up in my heart.  Yep, those goobers are cute.

The Puppy Hat:  My absolute fav.

So full of life.  I love!


1 comment:

  1. So, if I am one of your five followers, what's that supposed to mean?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete