Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November 2, 2011: Heart Joy from Nouwen

Today my heart is thankful for this Henri Nouwen quotation from Life of the Beloved:

"You and I have to trust that our short little lives can bear fruit far beyond the boundaries of our chronologies... the fruitfulness of our little life, once we recognize it and life it, is beyond anything we ourselves can imagine."  

Today I am thankful for these, specific words, because they remind me that, in spite of feeling like I am doing nothing world-changing each day in the office, my life is significant.  My life belonging not to me but to my father is significant, and the moment I choose to live in that calling is beautiful.  It's the moment of trust that Nouwen's talking about, I think.  

My little life... oh how I limit, you, Jesus.  Thank you for not limiting me.  Thank you for planning infinitely more for me than I can even comprehend.  Thank you for not giving up on my little life!

May you find your heart joy today, whatever it is.  Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment