Thursday, November 3, 2011

November 3, 2011: Learning

Today I am thankful for learning.  This is the eighth week of my first quarter of graduate school.  In 21 days I will be finished with the beginning and that much closer to being able to do what I was made for, to devote my nine to five to what makes my heart beat faster.  I am overwhelmed by the blessing of education, to live in a country that allows and encourages women to grow their minds and go deeper.

It costs many dollars and consumes a lot of me, but I am so lucky to be doing this.  To devote two years to prepare and grow into a social worker.  Some days I think about all the possibilities and work I can be a part of, and I am overcome by how big the world is and how many possibilities wait ahead of me.  I am blessed to be a part of an incredible profession and meet amazing people with giving, big hearts.

Yeah, I'm thankful for papers, books, literature reviews, internship hours, meetings, and paper cuts.  All of it, every part... I was made for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment