Saturday, November 5, 2011

November 4 & 5, 2011: Music and "Me, too!"

Two thankful posts in one day, because, let's be real, school work gets the better of me sometimes.

November 4, 2011:  Music

I don't have a lot of time to pursue leisurely things I love to do, and I can't wait until November 20, because all my courses and projects will be done for first quarter.  Aside from boxed wine, one thing that I love is listening to music, and fortunately this can be done while working on homework, cleaning my house, or driving in between the office and work.  I take it everywhere with me.  Recently, music's been my solace for my soul.  The creative outlet I miss but need to stay sane.  And it lets me escape to a different place, which is real nice, when I'm a little overwhelmed and off-center with no mat for a down-dog.  Mmmm.

November 5, 2001:  The Phrase, "Me, too!"

For the first month of grad school, I walked around thinking, am I the ONLY one?  about everything.  I felt so alone and out of place, so different.  But slowly walls break down, and I'm able to learn my classmates' stories a bit and get a closer glimpse into who they are and what this process is like for them. In those conversations the words "me, too!" come out frequently, which are a fresh breath, like waves rolling onto the shoreline, washing everything clean.  It's nice to know you have a buddy, especially since eye chat happens this way.  I do love a good eye chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment